As the old saying goes: “Better late than never”!
Yes, I know it’s February but this started as a top 5, then it stretched to a top 10. A week or so later The Tangent released ‘Proxy’ and number 10 dropped out of the chart, not wanting said number 10 to not get a mention I made it top 15.
After a good friend drew my attention to a couple of albums that had passed me by it was either; add a ‘Bubbling Under’ list or go to top 20!
Here’s my Top 20 Prog albums of 2018!
- The Tangent – Proxy
- Southern Empire – Civilisation
- Spock’s Beard – The Noise Floor
- The Pineapple Thief – Dissolution
- Perfect Beings – Vier
- Roine Stolt’s The Flower King – Manifesto of an Alchemist
- IOEarth – Solitude
- Yuka & Chronoship – Ship
- Orphaned Land – Unsung Prophets and Dead Messiahs
- Auri – S/T
- Dam Kat – Alawn
- Damanek – In Flight
- Crippled Black Phoenix – Great Escape
- Frequency Drift – Letters to Maro
- Glass Hammer – Chromonaut
- Phideaux – Infernal
- Tiger Moth Tales – Storytellers pt 2
- Laura Meade – Remedium
- Rikard Sjoblom’s Gungfly – Friendship
- The Sea Within – S/T
By the way, just in case you were wondering where Big Big Train and Steven Wilson were, I made a decision this (last) year not to include live albums! I also don’t include remasters of old albums, sorry Steven, on both counts!